What is D Pharmacy?
Education related to the pharmacy is quite famous among medical students. Some choose it as their professional goal and take admission in the whole degree program. While others go for a professional diploma and get the certificate of professional two years training. Read complete details of D Pharmacy in this article.
D Pharmacy scope in Pakistan:
In Pakistan, the Pharm.D. (Doctor of Pharmacy) is a professional diploma. Pharmacy study is provided at the graduate as well as master’s level. Twenty-one universities are registered with the Pakistan Pharmacy Council to teach Pharmacy courses.
In 2004 the Pakistan Higher Education Commission and the Pakistan Pharmacy Council revised the curriculum and changed the 4-year Bachelor of Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy) Program to a 5-year Bachelor of Pharmacy Program. Program (Doctor of Pharmacy). Almost all universities have started to offer 5-year Pharm.D Program.
In 2011, the Pakistan Council of Pharmacy approved the award of a Doctor of Pharmacy degree, a five-year program at the Department of Pharmacy, University of Peshawar.
D Pharmacy admission requirements:
In general, for access to an official doctorate program, it will be necessary to have official Bachelor’s degrees, or equivalent, and University Master’s degrees.
- Have an official degree of Graduate or graduate, whose duration, according to community law regulations, is at least 300 ECTS credits. Such graduates must take the compulsory training complements of this standard. Unless the study plan for the corresponding undergraduate degree includes research training credits, equivalent in educational value to research credits from Master’s studies.
This admission will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that the interested party has or its recognition for other purposes than that of access to doctoral studies.
- Have another Ph.D. degree obtained by previous university regulations.
University College of Pharmacy in Pakistan:
- Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University – Pharm. D.
- Akson College of Pharmacy – Pharm. D.
- Poonch University, Rawlakot
- Department of Pharmacy, University of Baluchistan – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Hamdard University (Islamabad Campus) – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Riphah Institute of Pharmacy, Riphah International University – Pharm. D.
- Shifa College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University – Pharm. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, University of Lahore (Islamabad Campus) – Pharm. D.
- Quaid-i-Azam University – Pharm. D. Public.
- Department of Pharmacy, Abbottabad University of Science and Technology – Pharm. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, Institute of Information Technology COMSATS – Pharm. D.
- Institute for Women’s Learning – Pharm. D.
- Pakistan Institute of Professional Studies – Pharm.D
Dera Ismail Khan
- Faculty of Medicine, the University of Gomal – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, Kohat-Pharm University of Science and Technology. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, Malakand University, Batkhela – Pharm. D.
- Abdul Wali Khan University of Mardan – Pharm. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, University of Peshawar – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- School of Medicine, Sarhad University of Information Science and Technology – Pharm. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, Abasyn University – Pharm. D.
- Faculty of Medicine, Sargodha University – Pharm. D. Public
- Faculty of Medicine, Islamia University – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D. Public
- College of Pharmacy, Government College University, Faisalabad – Pharm. D. Public
- Faisalabad University – Pharm Faculty of Medicine. D.
- Institute of Pharmacy, Physiology and Pharmacology University of Agriculture, Faisalabad- Pharmaceutical D.
- University College of Pharmacy, the University of Punjab – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D. Public
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences – Pharm. D. Public
- Lahore College of Pharmaceutical Sciences – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- University of Central Punjab – Pharm. D.
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Lahore (Lahore Campus) – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Faculty of Medicine, Hajvery University – Pharm. D.
- Akhtar Saeed College of Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharm. D.
- Lahore College of Pharmacy – Pharm. D.
- The College – Pharm. D.
- Riphah International University, (Lahore Campus) – Pharm. D.
- South Asian University (Pakistan) – Pharm. D.
- Department of Pharmacy, the University of Lahore College for Women – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D. Public
- Leads College of Pharmacy – Pharm. D.
- Johar Institute for Professional Studies – Pharm. D.
- Gulab Devi Institute of Pharmacy, Gulab Devi Educational Complex, Lahore – Pharm. D (Doctor of pharmacy)
- Pak Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Rashid Latif Medical College Institute of Pharmaceutical Science
- Faculty of Medicine, Bahauddin Zakriya University – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Margalla Institute of Health Sciences (Faculty of Pharmacy of Margalla) – Pharm. D.
- Yusra Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy of Islam – Pharm. D.
- Carson College of Pharmacy – Pharm. D
- Sindh University College of Pharmacy.
- Programs: 5-year Doctor of Pharmacy (pharm.D)
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Karachi – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- College of Pharmacy, Dow University of Health Sciences – Pharm. D.
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Baqai Medical University – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Jinnah Women’s College of Medicine – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Faculty of Medicine, Hamdard University (Karachi Campus) – B. Pharmacy, Pharm. D.
- Faculty of Medicine, Ziauddin University – Pharm. D.
- Nazeer Hussain University College of Pharmacy – Pharm D.
D Pharmacy fee structure in Pakistan:
Each university has a different fee structure based on the facilities they provide and other factors. Government universities have low fee structures in comparison to private institutes. Generally, an estimated D Pharmacy fee structure starts from 4 lacs and goes up to 8 lacs for the whole degree program. It also changes with time in every educational institute as per their policies.
Pharmacy course in Pakistan:
Studying pharmacy is one of the best options now a day. It provides students with better professional experience and opportunities coming forth. To facilitate students with the easiest access to education, Pakistan’s renowned institutions have introduced courses of many kinds. Pharmacy courses are also included in the list. Students can take advantage of the best courses and start their careers in the relevant field.
Doctor of pharmacy salary in Pakistan:
Doctor pharmacy usually earns from a minimum of 50,000 to a maximum of 150,000 PKR. Depending on their education level and experience, people get paid accordingly.
Category b (pharmacy technician) course in Pakistan:
The pharmacy technician is a health care person who performs different functions related to pharmacy, such as compounding and working under the supervision of a legally qualified and licensed pharmacist. The pharmacy technician is also called a pharmaceutical technician. They can work in retail or community pharmacy and also in hospital pharmacies.
In Pakistan, a person with the following qualification will be considered as an eligible candidate for the pharmacy technician course.
Tuition with science from a recognized institute in Pakistan Foreign education is equivalent to a Bachelor of Science.
Exam and course description:
Students who pass the pharmacy technician course are usually registered in category B in Pakistan. The total duration of this course is 2 years. There are mainly two parts that are made up of various theoretical and practical topics.
The Pakistan Council of Pharmacy (PCP) is the main body that conducts the exams and will examine all enrolled students no more than 2 times a year. Each student will have three chances to pass each exam.
If a student fails in some work such as theory or practice, then that student will only appear in that respective practical and theoretical exam.
D Pharmacy universities in Islamabad:
- Shahbaz College of Pharmacy Technician Islamabad
- Department of Pharmacy QAU
- Islamabad College of Pharmacy
- Quaid-e-Azam University
- Riphah International University
- Shifa College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Millat College of Pharmacy Technicians
- Margalla College of Pharmacy
- Abasyn University (sub Campus)
- Hamdard University – Islamabad Campus
- The University of Lahore (Islamabad Campus)
D Pharmacy jobs in Pakistan:
Possibilities of employment of pharmacy assistant and other professional opportunities of the FP of Technician in Pharmacy and pharmacy
Choosing one specialty or another of professional training is quite serious. You are choosing a profession and that will determine your future. That is why one of the influencing factors in the choice you make is career opportunities.
In this post, we will show you the professional opportunities for Professional Training in Pharmacy and Pharmacy. The best known is the job as a pharmacy assistant, but there are more options. And if even after reading the entire article and you want additional details about the job opportunities of this FP, we will give you all the information:
Although we will place more emphasis on job opportunities, we are going to talk to you about all the possibilities you have after finishing your Vocational Training degree.
Let’s get to the heart of the matter.
What can you do after finishing the D Pharmacy?
When you pass all the subjects you have to study to become a Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician, you have the following options:
- Looking for work as an employee.
- Set up your own company.
- Keep studying.
We are going to explain each one to you separately.
Possibilities of employment as an employee with the title of Technician in Pharmacy and pharmacy
The professional opportunities of a Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician as an employed person are the following:
- Pharmacy assistant.
- Assistant in a drug store.
- Hospital pharmacy assistant.
- Pharmacy establishments.
Although it is less frequent, there are also Pharmacy and pharmacy Technicians in pharmaceutical, homeopathic, and product industries and laboratories classified as pharmaceuticals.
Duties of a pharmacy assistant in a pharmacy office:
- The work that we know most about pharmacy assistants is dispensing medicines. For this, you must have theoretical knowledge of customer service, in addition to those studied about drugs.
- They must be aware of the medications that may be toxic or especially dangerous and that they know how to store, preserve and dispose of them.
- Also in pharmacies, there is a part of the pharmacy assistant’s job in the warehouse, not facing the public. It consists of receiving the medicines, storing them in an orderly fashion, restocking the merchandise on the shelves, and monitoring the medicines to prevent them from expiring.
- These functions are common to most of the jobs that a Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician can perform.
- When they work in the warehouse they have to receive the materials, open the boxes and place everything. And these tasks are common in pharmacy offices, hospital pharmacies, and pharmaceutical warehouses.
- The employment of pharmacy assistants in hospital pharmacies
- Hospital pharmacy assistants have to make sure that each department has the necessary drugs and in the correct doses for each patient. What’s more:
- They prepare medications according to the prescriptions.
- They inform doctors about how medicines are arranged and how to store them.
- They are in charge of the stock and ordering of new drugs.
- They check the medicine cabinets.
- Medications are returned from the nursing units.
- Not only are there pharmacy assistants in hospitals, but they are also present in health centers.
- Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians in a pharmacy establishment
- In these establishments, technicians can be in charge of any work, which is generally based on serving the public and advising them. It may be that some of these shops also prepare a product.
- The particularity of working in a pharmacy is that it can be employed and also own.
- Work of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians in the pharmaceutical industry
- In industries, assistants help chemists or pharmacists in the manufacture of drugs and the research of new ones.
- They are primarily responsible for the proper functioning of the laboratory by carrying out the following tasks:
- Cleaning of equipment and instruments.
- Stock control.
- They also participate in clinical trials and quality control of medicines.
- Although we are talking about the pharmaceutical industry in general, Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians can also perform the aforementioned functions in homeopathic laboratories and of pharmacy products.
This possibility is not the most contemplated but it is perfectly possible. On occasions, the Health Services of the Autonomous Communities call public competitions in which Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians can participate.
We have seen that one of the employment options for these professionals is in hospital pharmacies. Therefore, if the job is in a public hospital, it is only achieved by passing the tests.
- Continue studying after completing the Middle Degree in Pharmacy and Pharmacy
- You finish your middle grade and instead of going to work you want to continue studying. We summarize here the possibilities you have.
- Go to Baccalaureate in any of its specialties.
- Prepare for the entrance exam to higher-level training cycles.
- Another intermediate level training cycle, with the possibility of having subjects validated according to the cycle that is.
- Professional specialization courses.
- Work on your own with the Medium Degree in Pharmacy and Pharmacy
- Do you have in mind to start your own business? If you wish, you can set up your pharmacy establishment.
- And also, now that online stores are so fashionable, you can set up e-commerce of pharmaceutical products, which may or may not be associated with a physical store.
What do you think of the pharmacy assistant job and the rest of the possibilities?
We hope that this explanation of the professional opportunities of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technicians have been useful to you.
Now that you know them, you can start your studies knowing what kind of jobs you will be able to apply for in the future.
If you feel that this is your vocation, go ahead and start training now, we will give you all the details so that you can study the FP in Pharmacy and Pharmacy at a distance.
D Pharmacy merit in Pakistan:
D Pharmacy merit in Pakistan gets to change according to the availability of seats and students. Merit may vary in each university. However, the general percentage of merit is very close to each one of them. Students with the highest marks get the best chance of admission to the desired university.
Future of Pharmacy in Pakistan:
The scope of pharmacy in Pakistan is very wide. There are a wealth of career opportunities available to pharmacy students in both the government and private sectors.
This editorial is an excellent opportunity to publicize the development of the Hospital Pharmacy in one of the largest regions of the world, twinned by language, a common history, and destiny that several leaders prophesy of great joint growth, it is Latin America.
Hospital Pharmacy in this huge region, Latin America, has experienced significant growth in recent years, along with the consolidation of Hospital Pharmacist Societies in almost all countries.
Initially, developments have been achieved in isolation without much interaction with countries in the region. In most of them, the line of advance guided by the Hospital Pharmacy has been followed, undoubtedly motivated by the similarity of culture and health systems.
In foreign countries, there is a legal framework that favors the activities of the Hospital Pharmacy, or the practice of the hospital pharmacist. However, in many countries enforcement is not very effective and the existence of legislation does not guarantee the development of the Hospital Pharmacy.
In general, Pakistani and other hospitals have developed pharmaceutical services according to their specific needs and responding to their problems. Most of them have focused their development on the perspective of generating savings and optimizing the acquisition and distribution systems.
The degree of progress is different between countries and between hospitals in the same country, so much so that there is uneven development of pharmaceutical services in hospitals, with the greatest development being concentrated in those of greater complexity.
In all countries there are great difficulties with the supply of pharmacists, not being able to respond to the needs of the labor market. This situation is deepened in the field of Hospital Pharmacy, in general, recently graduated pharmacists choose other branches of the profession such as Community Pharmacy, which in general is more profitable and in fewer numbers in Industrial Pharmacy or Research.
In some countries there is no uniformity in the university programs of the pharmacy career, postgraduate training is scarce, and continuous training is not formally required for professional practice. There is a scarce and heterogeneous postgraduate training residencies and Specialty in Hospital Pharmacy. That also includes the training of technicians at a tertiary level.
The training framework is still very different between the different countries. In general, clinical and research activities are still incipient in the region and most of the tasks are related to supply and distribution management. However, there are successful experiences of Hospital Pharmacy in American countries that are important points of exchange between professionals and hospitals.
Scientific Societies of Hospital Pharmacy
For almost a decade, the Scientific Societies of Hospital Pharmacy have come together in a joint entity. That has allowed increasing interaction positively, striving for the growth of the specialty.
The Scientific Societies of the Hospital Pharmacy Area prepare their future of development through the sum of their efforts to achieve the fulfillment of their mission. This promotes the technical and scientific development of Hospital Pharmacy as part of the health care system through standards focused on patient care.
There is still a lot to work on, we are optimistic in growth based on the solidarity of the most educated and in support of entities of excellence such as the Pakistan Society of Hospital Pharmacy, which signed agreements with several countries and which, without a doubt, outlines the knowledge and technology trends necessary for change.
A great step would be to develop a critical mass of referral hospitals that can receive pharmacists in need of consolidating their practice when they have already established their knowledge.
The future will find us united in pursuit of a mission, essential to achieve as professionals and with the benefits that are aimed at the patient.
Online pharmacy in Pakistan:
Many students get to benefit from distance learning. Pharmacy is also available as an online course study in Pakistan. Many institutes have struggled and managed to provide online pharmacy education. Students can easily check and search for the best suitable institute and take admission to become a renowned pharmacist.
Government universities for D Pharmacy in Lahore:
Below is the list of Government universities for D Pharmacy in Lahore.
- University of Punjab
- University of Health Sciences
- Allama Iqbal Medical College
- King Edward Medical College
- Fatima Jinnah Medical College
- Government College University Lahore
- Lahore College for Women University
- The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Government College University Lahore